We Need Your Support
|Visa, Mastercard, or Online Check
These donations are used for utilities, food, rent, radio support, etc. ALL donation sizes are greatly appreciated!
All donations are used for their specified purpose. If no purpose is specified, we will use the funds as the Lord leads us to preach His Word and help the homeless of Witchita.
|Check or Money Order
Please make your check / money order payable to Messiah’s Branch.
|Food Account Donations
These donations go directly to our Food Account!
Set up Automated Monthly Donations
Set up Automated Weekly Donations
Mission Voicemail: (316) 619-4886
Home phone: (620) 878-4682
Some Items needed are:Old or new computers, laptop, clothing ( new or used ) food or donations for food, medical supplies, blankets and sheets year round, sleeping bags year round, shoes, stamps, hygiene items, soap, toothpaste, gloves, hats, coats, bicycles, deodorant, shampoo, tooth brushes, hair brushes, donations for gasoline. Remember they need what you need. Blanks CD’s and blank cassette tapes, blank VHS Tapes. They need what you need!
1) Donations are used for what they are specified for. If not specified we will use them for the highest priority at the time of the donation, according to Torah.
2) Under the current Tax laws, your returned check is tax deductible because Messiah’s Branch is a Church. We are NOT registered 501(c)(3). We are “Not for Profit”. Churches do not have to be a registered 501(c)(3).
Tax Exemption Information – The evidence as to what we are saying, though denied by most preachers, was made clear on January 24 this year in Tampa, Florida. IRS agent Melvin Blough testified in federal court that “once a church obtains the status of 501(c)(3) under the IRC they are trapped. The only way to be removed from a 501(c)(3) status is if the IRS chooses to remove the exemption. So if you dissolve the corporation and continue on as ABC church, an unincorporated church, you’re still trapped in their web and under their control.” He further testified that a church is automatically exempt under federal law without a 501(c)(3) designation. He also stated under oath that churches request the status just to get the governments stamp of approval. Even though Blough used the word “exemption” rather than “exception,” he is essentially correct in his assessment of the plight of the churches of America. It is obvious that, regardless, the result is the same.
We do send thank you notes by request to those donating online and those that do so by mail get one automatically. A returned check is also a receipt for your Love gift etc.
For more information regarding a Church’s tax exemption status, please see the IRS booklet titled “Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations“.
Quoted from the booklet on Page 3 under Automatic Exemption for Churches: “Churches that meet the requirements of IRC section 501(c)(3) are automatically considered tax exempt and are not required to apply for and obtain recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS.
Although there is no requirement to do so, many churches seek recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS because such recognition assures church leaders, members, and contributors that the church is recognized as exempt and qualifies for related tax benefits. For example, contributors to a church that has been recognized as tax exempt would know that their contributions generally are tax-deductible.”
Example of Our Monthly Expenses
- Wichita Homeless Mission lease to own – $500
- Bills for homeless Mission – gas/electric/water/etc are $1000 plus- varied
- Mission phones – $187 plus tax monthly, varied a month
- phone for the people to use freely $160
- Food –
- Home cooked 4:30 PM meals ranging from 60 to over 100 plates of food at a time
- Donuts, cakes and sweets
- Coffee and tea
- Gas for the 120 mile plus trips to Wichita twice a week are very high with the rising costs of gas
- PNS service bills, phone, internet – $700 monthly varied
- Paper products such as plates, napkins, toilet paper etc (think about your family then consider for hundreds)
- Printing costs and mailing together – $420. We can use as many first class USA postal stamps as possible for this. Many people count on this newsletter that do not have the internet
- Coats, hats, gloves, sleeping bags, toothbrushes, toothpaste. About any hygiene article you use is in demand for the homeless. They need what you need!
- Medical supplies
- Old Laptops and computers are in high demand as is a Projector
- KJV Bibles – Please no micro print; something bad eyes can read. If you send money we can get good bibles at $10-$15 a Bible for large print KJV, a Bible that you would even cherish and keep
- Various other expenses
- Radio airtime $250 a month plus equipment updates
- It is hard to know where we could put a limit on how much we need as the needs of 1000’s of people goes on and on
James 2:14-26 – What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
2 Corinthians 9:6-15 – But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 9(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. 10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) 11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God; 13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men; 14 And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Peace be with you Saints in these troubled times. Let us fight the Good fight with Faith always keeping our eyes on Messiah, knowing he loves and hears us when we pray. Pray for peace in Israel, pray for your loved ones, weep and cry for what is about to come on this world. Remember Matthew 25:31-46, Psalm 91, Mark 9:23
In Yeshua Messiah’s Love and Service, Bro. Dan Catlin and Family